Tuesday 27 January 2015

LONDON

I went to London around two weeks ago. I've been meaning to do a post ever since but my dissertation seems to be consuming my life, fun.

Me and my Mum go for a girly wekeend...or midweek trip around two or three times a year, just to get away, see a show and drink one too many cocktails! London really is one of my favourite cities, constantly something to see/do. I find that www.lastminute.com do fantastic deals in regards to the theatre, my Mum managed to grab us tickets to go and see Shakespare in Love as it's always been one of my favourite films. With this deal we got a meal at www.sophiessteakhouse.co.uk and a ticket for £25 per head, the meal was great, two courses! The only thing is as it is such a popular performance our seats weren't amazing but could still see/hear everything perfectly. Last time we went to London we got a meal and tickets to see Once, its well worth checking out both.

Our Hotel was lovely, we stayed in the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel. We've stayed here before and really enjoyed it and it's great location so we decided to return. (Again can find offers on www.lastminute.com or www.booking.com.) We kindly got our room upgraded upon arrival and had a queen bed each, heavenly! With matching robes and slippers too! The hotel had a spa and a pool. The pool, sauna and steam room and gym were complimentary to guests. With it being LCM there were a fair few male models staying in our hotel and gracing the pool with their presence...no complaints from me there.

Some pictures....









Not a bad view...

We dumped our bags and headed off to The Shard, as we were staying in Tower Hill it was less than a twenty minute walk. You can pay just over £20 to go right to the top of the building but we just opted to have a drink on the 32nd floor. It was such a clear day and the views were amazing, i'd definately recommend going to have a nosey. On our first evening we went to www.bluebird-restaurant.co.uk and I have to say the food was beautiful. I found that the Evening Standard were running offers in January and the bluebird was one of them, ideal!












 Even impressed by the bathrooms...



On our second day we just hit the shops...hard and then ventured to the theatre on the evening. I picked up some great sale finds from Cos and Whistles but these two items have to be my favourite!



The trousers I discovered for £19.99 instead of £59.99 from Zara and the shoes are from Kurt Geiger for £19 instead of £90!?


On the final day we wandered over to Tate Modern then went to Chelsea ant the Saatchi Gallery, both free entry and something great to do whilst in London, particuarly if the weather is a bit grey.


(Rude)




I also discovered Joe & The Juice, why don't we have one in Newcastle or Yorkshire!?!

The last thing I really recommend is in regards to transport. Obviously the tube can be hectic at times and if you're just making a flying visit to London then you miss much of the scenery and goings on. We tend to get busses most places, if you're not in a rush and want to see more of London I definitely advise doing so! Fares are only £1.50 with an Oyster card.




So that was my trip to London!

Amy x
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. such pretty photos! looks like you had an amazing time! xx

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shoes so much and such a bargain!
    Just wanted to let you know that i've nominated you for the Liebster award, you can check out what it is on my blog http://elliesjellies.blogspot.co.uk xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy! Hope you're well. I just thought I'd let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award as I absolutely love your blog! Em x

    www.shopthrifting.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad's first wife,Lynne. Love all of the places you've described so eloquently x

    ReplyDelete

© Amy Alice Miller. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig